26 August 2014

Not A Love Story: Memories

Do you know what the first thing that came into my mind was when I first saw you? Shit. As in sobrang shit. "Shit hes hot", "shit hes so nice", "shit ang gulo niya", "shit asan siya".
I cannot promise you that I'll always agree with you. I can't promise that there will be no fights. I can't promise you that I'll be the same girl that you first met.
What I can promise you, though, is freedom. Freedom to express yourself, to be who you truly are. Freedom to make decisions for yourself and me, but only under the circumstances that they are ethical. Freedom to get mad at me when you know that I've done something wrong. Freedom to love and freedom to decide how to go about it.
The world is a big place, babe. It was you who taught me how to soar so that I can see the world below me. It was you who taught me how to fly so that I can reach my dreams. Lastly, it was you who taught me how to land so that I won't go crashing down to earth, broken and lifeless.
With you, I feel right. With you, I am safe. With you, I am free. With you, I am loved.
Thank you.
_______
An entry post of way back when; to the days when I still cared.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...