04 May 2016

The Shrimp Bucket: Date with Rai

There's this restaurant that my uncle Calel has been telling me about. Rai isn't fond of seafood so we never really got around to try it. I was finally able to nag him enough to go with me. Unfortunately, he didn't eat. Fortunately, there was more shrimp for me. HOHOHO

They have two branches. one in Ground Floor, Grand Hamptons Tower 1, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Fort Bonifacio Global City, 2nd Ave, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila

Another at Ground Floor, UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City

The one Rai and I went to is at Second Floor, Il Terrazzo, Tomas Morato Avenue Corner Scout Madrinan Street, South Triangle, Tomas Morato, Quezon City

The place was pretty small. The moment we opened the door, the scent of shrimp overloaded our olfactory system. It smelled so scrumptious.





Other than the fact that this place was equivalent to an atomic bomb for your sense of smell, it was visually appealing as well. In leue of the typical chandeliers that you find in most restaurants, they had a bucket centerpiece. A bucket centerpiece; and it was gold.


The restaurant was pretty empty when we went there. I wasn't that surprised since it was at 4PM.


I could tell that he was hungry but I knew that he hated shrimp. He was constantly checking his phone for text or playing Atomos (which is actually a pretty addicting game) on his phone.



The food was amaaaaazing. They serve the shrimp in a bag (probably because they precook the shrimp then add the sauce afterwards)



I've a confession to make. I don't know how to peel shrimp. The moment I told Rai this, he was staring at me dumbfoundedly for a good minute. He then grabbed my cutlery and started peeling all of the shrimp in the bag.

#BoyfriendDuties


1 comment:


  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...